Deciding when to sell your business is a huge decision, both financial and non-financial. This is where Business Valuation Philadelphia – Brentwood Growth can assist.
Consider these questions:
- If I sell today what price would I get for the business? what if I wait?
- If I wait what should I focus on to increase the value and better prepare the business for a sale?
Business Valuation Philadelphia – Brentwood Growth realize that owners fall into three categories: those that want to sell now, those that want to sell in the next 2-5 years (sell soon), owners that want to sell in 5 years + (sell one day). Each have different questions and concerns but each need information to make a decision.
At Business Valuation Philadelphia – Brentwood Growth, our professional Pennsylvania business brokers suggest first getting initial valuation of your business. You need a baseline to make an informed decision. We complete this valuation at no cost as it is our investment in the relationship and gives us a chance to work together.
From there you can decide if the timing and valuation is right to sell now or is you want to wait and focus building additional value and getting the business in better shape to sell 2-5 years out and reassess then.
Business Valuation Philadelphia – Brentwood Growth can also help you determine the critical areas to focus on to increase the value and get the business in a better position to sell.
Here is a brief list of several items we might suggest you set strategies around (Brentwood Growth value enhancement):
- Higher net margins – get net margins with “owner add-backs” over 20%
- Strong revenue growth post COVID – get 2021 revenue back to 2019+ levels and 20%+ going forward
- Client Diversification – good client roster with not one client 20%+ of sales
- Reoccurring revenue – have as much as possible contractual, stable and predictable revenue
- Clean balance sheet – strong working capital position with little debt
- Management team depth – business not solely dependent on you, have a bench
Business Valuation Philadelphia – Brentwood Growth can assist in completing an initial valuation of your business, then you can decide which direction to take. If you choose to sell now We can manage the listing and diligence process or help you build greater value over the next several years. You can decide but build that baseline from the valuation first. We do not charge for this valuation as it is our investment in the relationship and gives you a chance to work with us.
If you would like to learn more about how Business Valuation Philadelphia – Brentwood Growth can assist you can give us a call at 908-377-7807 or use our online contact form.