As a business owner, determining the best time to sell your business may seem impossible. After all, selling a business is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your lifetime, and you want the outcome to reflect your years of hard work and effort. Business Consultant Texas – Brentwood Growth can help you determine the best route to take when it comes time to list your business for sale.
Our Texas business consultants will ask you to consider the following questions:
- If I sell my business in Texas soon, what price will I get for my business?
- Would I benefit from waiting 2-5 years to sell my business?
- If I wait to sell my business in Texas, what should I focus on to increase its value and better prepare the company for a sale?
Business Consultant Texas – Brentwood Growth realizes business owners ready to sell their business fall into three categories: those that want to sell now, those that want to sell in the next 2-5 years (sell soon), owners that want to sell in 5 years + (sell one day). Each have different questions and concerns and requires important information to make an informed decision.
Business Valuations for Texas Businesses
Business Consultant Texas – Brentwood Growth advises each business owner to seek a business valuation before making any decisions about the sale of their company. A business valuation will show you the projected estimated value of your business, and whether or not it is better to sell now or in 2-5 years from now where the business’ value may increase. At Business Consultant Texas – Brentwood Growth, we complete this business valuation at no cost as it is our investment in the relationship and gives us a chance to work together.
Once you’ve received your business valuation, you may decide if now is the best time to sell your business, or if you should focus on increasing the business’ value in the coming years before selling.
Business Consultant Texas – Brentwood Growth can help you determine what you need to focus on to increase the value of your business. That way, when it is finally time to sell your business, you are in a much better position.
Here are several items our Texas business consultants might suggest you set strategies around:
- Higher net margins – get net margins with “owner add-backs” over 20%
- Strong revenue growth post COVID – get 2021 revenue back to 2019+ levels and 20%+ going forward
- Client Diversification – good client roster with not one client 20%+ of sales
- Reoccurring revenue – have as much as possible contractual, stable and predictable revenue
- Clean balance sheet – strong working capital position with little debt
- Management team depth – business not solely dependent on you, have a bench
Contact our Texas Business Consultants and Business Brokers for a Free Consultation and Business Valuation
Business Consultant Texas – Brentwood Growth provides each prospective client with a free business valuation and consultation with one of our professional Texas business brokers. If you choose to sell your business now, we can manage our business listing and handle the due diligence process. Should you decide to wait 2-5 years to sell your business, our business consultants can also create a strategy to increase the value of your business before selling. You may decide the best timing for you and your business based on your complimentary business valuation. We do not charge for this valuation as it is our investment in the relationship and gives you a chance to work with us.
If you would like to learn more about how Business Consultant Texas – Brentwood Growth can help, call our professional business brokers at 908-377-7807 or use our online contact form.