Deciding the best time to sell your business may be one of the most important decisions you make throughout your life. However, it is not an easy one and should not be considered lightly. This is where Business Consultant New York – Brentwood Growth can assist.
Our New York business consultants will ask you to consider the following:
- What price would I get for my business if I listed it for sale today? Would the value of my business change if I wait 2-5 years to sell?
- If I wait to sell my business what should I focus on to increase the value and better prepare the business for a sale?
At Business Consultant New York – Brentwood Growth, we typically find that New York business owners selling a business tend to fall into one of the three categories:
- Business owners in New York that want to sell their business now
- Business owners in New York that want to sell their business in 2-5 years
- New York business owners that want to sell their business one day, maybe in 5 years, but are interested in preparing now.
Each type of business owner is at a different stage of the selling process. They each have unique questions and concerns that require further information to make an informed decision.
Our business brokers at Business Consultant New York – Brentwood Growth advise seeking a business valuation before making any decisions about the timeline of your sale. This valuation serves as a baseline and can show you the current market positioning and value of your business. We complete this valuation at no cost, we simply see it as our investment in the relationship.
Once you receive a business valuation from our New York business brokers, you will have a better idea of whether you should sell your business now or wait a few years to focus on building additional value. This extra time may be what you need to increase your business valuation and better prepare your business for sale.
Business Consultant New York – Brentwood Growth will help you determine what exactly you need to focus on in order to better position your business for sale.
Here is a brief list of several items our New York business consultants might suggest you set strategies around, according to the Brentwood Growth value enhancement:
- Higher net margins – get net margins with “owner add-backs” over 20%
- Strong revenue growth post COVID – get 2021 revenue back to 2019+ levels and 20%+ going forward
- Client Diversification – good client roster with not one client 20%+ of sales
- Reoccurring revenue – have as much as possible contractual, stable and predictable revenue
- Clean balance sheet – strong working capital position with little debt
- Management team depth – business not solely dependent on you, have a bench
Contact our New York Business Consultants and Business Brokers for a Free Consultation and Business Valuation
At Business Consultant New York – Brentwood Growth, our business valuations help you determine the best time to sell your business. For business owners ready to sell a business, our New York business brokers can manage your listing and walk you through the entire due diligence process. If you decide that now is not the best time to sell your business, and perhaps it is best to wait a few years, our New York business brokers will determine a strategy to increase the value of your business in the coming years. That way, when it is time to sell the business in 2-5 years, you are in the best position possible.
We do not charge for the initial business valuation or consultation. We see this as an investment in our relationship and a possible opportunity to work together.
If you would like to learn more about how Business Consultant New York – Brentwood Growth can assist you in selling your business, give our New York business consultants a call at 908-377-7807 or use our online contact form.