Calculating the best time to sell your business is difficult, especially as a business owner. The decision to sell your business may be one of the biggest of your lifetime. This is where Business Consultant Michigan – Brentwood Growth can help.
Our Michigan business consultants will ask you to consider the following questions:
- If I move forward with selling my business today, what price would I get for the business? Would I benefit from waiting a year or two before listing my business for sale?
- If I decide that I want to wait a few years to sell my business, what do I need to focus on in order to better position my business for sale?
Typically, business owners ready to sell their business fall into one of three categories:
- Michigan business owners who are ready to retire and want to sell their business now.
- Michigan business owners who are contemplating a sale, but might have a better outcome if they wait 2-5 years.
- Michigan business owner who know they want to sell their business one day, but in the more distant future (5+ years).
After meeting with Business Consultant Michigan – Brentwood Growth, you will have a better idea of where you stand between these three categories.
The best decision is an informed one. That’s why Business Consultant Michigan – Brentwood Growth suggests getting a valuation of your business before making any important decisions. Our Michigan business brokers provide free business valuations at no cost to all prospective clients. We see this as a small investment into our potential relationship together.
Once you receive a valuation and consult with one of our Michigan business brokers, you’ll have a better idea of when is the best time to sell your business — now, later, or in the more distant future. Should you decide to wait to sell your business, our Michigan business brokers can show you what you need to focus on in order to prepare your business for sale in the coming years.
Here is a brief list of several items our Michigan business consultants may suggest you set strategies around, according to the Brentwood Growth value enhancement:
- Higher net margins – get net margins with “owner add-backs” over 20%
- Strong revenue growth post COVID – get 2021 revenue back to 2019+ levels and 20%+ going forward
- Client Diversification – good client roster with not one client 20%+ of sales
- Reoccurring revenue – have as much as possible contractual, stable and predictable revenue
- Clean balance sheet – strong working capital position with little debt
- Management team depth – business not solely dependent on you, have a bench
Contact our Michigan Business Consultants and Business Brokers for a Free Consultation and Business Valuation
Business Consultant Michigan – Brentwood Growth provides free business valuations that point business owners in the right direction to determine the best timeline to sell your business. If you decide the sell your business as soon as possible, our Michigan business brokers will manage your listing and guide you through the due diligence process. However, if you decide to wait a few years to sell your business, our Michigan business brokers can help you determine what you need to focus on in order to increase the value of your business before sale.
If you would like to learn more about how Business Consultant Michigan – Brentwood Growth can help you sell your business for the highest value possible, call our Michigan business consultants at 908-377-7807 or use our online contact form.