Deciding when to sell your business is a huge decision, both financially and emotionally. At Business Consultant Colorado – Brentwood Growth, our business brokers offer free consultations to help ease the confusion and frustration when selling a business.
Consider these questions:
- What is the current market value of my business?
- What would happen if I wait to sell my business?
- If I wait to sell my business, what do I need to focus on to increase my business’ value to better prepare it for a sale in the future?
Business Consultant Colorado – Brentwood Growth realizes that owners fall into three categories:
- Business owners selling now
- Business owners wanting to sell in the next 2-5 years
- Owners that want to sell in 5 years+, but want to begin preparing now
Each type of business owner has their own questions and concerns and needs the correct financial information to make an informed decision.
Colorado Business Brokers — Brentwood Growth
At Business Consultant Colorado – Brentwood Growth, we believe the best first step is to receive a valuation of your business. This is because you will need a baseline to make an informed decision. We complete this valuation at no cost as it is our investment in the relationship and gives us a chance to work together.
Once you’ve received the business valuation and proper market information, you may decide the timing of selling your business. For example, the business valuation may show now is the best time to sell your business. Or, it could imply that it is better to wait, grow your business, and list it for sale in 2+ years down the line.
Business Consultant Colorado – Brentwood Growth also helps you decide what to focus on in order to increase the value of your business and place the company in a better position to sell.
Here is a brief list of several items we might suggest you consider when forming a strategy.
- Higher net margins – get net margins with “owner add-backs” over 20%
- Strong revenue growth post COVID – get 2021 revenue back to 2019+ levels and 20%+ going forward
- Client Diversification – good client roster with not one client 20%+ of sales
- Reoccurring revenue – have as much as possible contractual, stable and predictable revenue
- Clean balance sheet – strong working capital position with little debt
- Management team depth – business not solely dependent on you, have a bench
Business Consultant Colorado – Brentwood Growth offers free consultations and valuations to business owners in Colorado. With this valuation, you will better understand your positioning, and the best route and timeline to take.
If you decide now is the best time to sell your business, we can manage your company’s listing and diligence process. Or, if you decide to wait to sell the business, we can help you strategize a plan to increase the business’ value over the next several years. We do not charge for this valuation as it is our investment in the relationship and gives you a chance to work with us.
If you would like to learn more about how Business Consultant Colorado – Brentwood Growth can assist you in selling or buying a business, you can give us a call at 908-377-7807 or use our online contact form.